- Can I have access to my goods over Christmas?
It will not be possible to provide access to customers goods, for either mid-term access or to vacate, between 19th Dec 2019 – 2nd Jan 2020.
- How is StoreAway different from Henfield’s standard self storage rooms?
The main points are…
- While we provide a free collection for both options, with StoreAway, we simply take your goods to storage for you. You don’t need to come with us to the store and much of the paperwork is done online. If you take a storage room, you’ll need to come to the store with us and together we’ll unload into your room before doing the (simple) paperwork in our office.
- StoreAway: you’ll need to give us 2 clear days’ notice when you want to access your goods. For a self storage room, no notice is required.
- Is there a charge for accessing my goods?
Yes, we do apply a small charge to cover our transportation costs. To access your goods at one of our local self-storage locations we charge £25 if you’re renting 50 sq ft or less, or £50 if you’re renting more than 50 sq ft. You can instead request to access your goods at your address, we will charge £129 if you’re renting 50 sq ft or less, or £199 if you’re renting more than 50 sq ft.
- Is there a limit to the number of times that I can access my goods?
No, but… If you need regular, frequent access, or at short notice, then this service is not for you. If we find that you do need more frequent access than we can sensibly provide, we’ll let you know and help you move your goods to one of our storage rooms, where you’ll be able to come and go when and as often as you please.
- How much notice do I have to give to get access?
We need two clear business days’ notice to retrieve your goods. For example, if you let us know on Monday at 2pm that you need something, your items will be available from Thursday morning. While you can access your goods over the weekend, Saturday and Sunday don’t count as notice days.
- How do I get access to my goods?
We bring your goods to whichever of our local storage locations that you specify (we have several spread across London and Sussex).
- Where do I access my goods? Where do you keep them?
We keep your StoreAway goods in a special location which is not generally accessible by customers, and we transport your items from this store to one of our self-storage locations near you (in London and Sussex) when requested.
- Do I need insurance for StoreAway?
Yes, you will need insurance for StoreAway in the same way as you would for a self storage room. There’s more on our Insurance page here.
- Do I need to come to the store to drop off my goods?
No, you only need to help us load your goods onto the truck at your own address. We’ll do the rest!
- My goods are already in storage elsewhere. Can you pick them up for me?
Yes we can, but you’ll have to be present at that location to oversee the removal of your goods and help with their transfer to our vehicle.
- Are my goods insured?
It is a Henfield requirement that your goods are insured and we do offer a competitively priced, comprehensive and simple to arrange insurance policy. We will accept a third party insurance policy that specifically covers the StoreAway service, but you must send this policy to us in advance so that we can check it for you.
- How do I get my goods back when I’ve finished storing them?
Just let us know (by email). We’ll bring everything back for free to one of our local self storage locations and you can collect from there. If you want your goods returned to your address it’s generally no problem; we charge £129 if you’re renting 50 sq ft or less, or £199 if you’re renting more than 50 sq ft.